**Deadline extended to 26th January 2017**
The Chairman’s Bao Schools Writing Competition 2016 – get your Mandarin Chinese writing published to an audience of thousands, with some great prizes up for grabs!
Students should submit a 250-350 character news story in Mandarin Chinese (simplified or traditional) on a topic of their choosing to email@example.com, with the subject field ‘TCB COMPETITION’. There is a maximum of one entry per participant and must be composed by non-native students of Mandarin Chinese. We welcome entries on any topic, however topics with a China-focus are preferred. The more informative and exciting the better, so let those creative juices flow!
If you require any more information about the competition, have any comments or suggestions, or just want to speak to a member of our team, please get in touch at the above email address.
What are you waiting for? Become a member of TCB’s highly esteemed writing team today!
Best of luck to all participants.
FIRST PRIZE: Kindle Fire Tablet, 12 Month Individual Subscription & 6 Month Institutional Subscription.
SECOND PRIZE: £30 Amazon Book Voucher, 12 Month Individual Subscription & 3 Month Institutional Subscription.
THIRD PRIZE: £15 Amazon Book Voucher, 6 Month Individual Subscription
Deadline: 15th December 2016, 12pm GMT. **Deadline extended to 26th January 2017**
Who We Are:
Founded in January 2015, The Chairman’s Bao [TCB] (www.thechairmansbao.com) offers a rolling news feed, simplified to levels of the Mandarin Chinese proficiency test, HSK. Our news-based lessons range from HSK 1-6+, and all lessons have simplified/traditional conversion and spoken graded audio. Our website and iOS and Android apps also play host to a plethora of resources to aid language learning, such as an intelligent flashcard system, live dictionary, stroke order animation and testing tool, and bookmarking feature. All articles also clearly state keywords, grammatical explanations and idioms. In essence, everything you would expect from a leading Mandarin textbook and much more!
Since our launch, we have been delighted to hear that TCB is being used in so many institutions and we aim to use this competition to let more students know about our platform, as well as to offer some exciting prizes! Are you up to the challenge?
Want to read more about TCB? Head over to https://www.thechairmansbao.com/about-us/ for more information, or download our apps for iOS and Android!
- The promoter is: The Chairman’s Bao Ltd (company no. 9222815) whose registered office is at The Knoll, Ormond Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW10 6TH.
- Employees of The Chairman’s Bao Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via URL
- Closing date for entry will be 26th January 2017 GMT. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 31 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Best of luck from all of us at Team TCB!