By accessing any part of this Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave this Website immediately.
License and Conditions
The Chairman’s Bao grants you a limited non-exclusive license to access and make use of the Website and its features. As a condition of such license, you agree:
- not to download or modify any part of the Website, except with the express and prior written consent of The Chairman’s Bao;
- not to download or copy any account information for the benefit of another party;
- not to collect or make any use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices;
- not to resell or make any commercial use of this Website or its contents;
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit the Website for any commercial purpose without express written consent of The Chairman’s Bao;
- not to make any derivative use of this Website or its contents;
- not to frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of The Chairman’s Bao and its group companies without express written consent of The Chairman’s Bao;
- not to use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the Chairman’s Bao name or trademarks without the express written consent of The Chairman’s Bao; and not reproduce or store any part of this Website in any other website or include any part of this Website in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without prior written permission from The Chairman’s Bao;
- not to utilize the material available with an individual subscription account for use by any institution;
- not to permit the use of an individual account for other people or third parties;
- Without the prior consent of The Chairman’s Bao, you agree not to display or use in any manner the Chairman’s Bao’s trademarks;
If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates. You are also advised that The Chairman’s Bao will at all times enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
The Chairman’s Bao accepts no liability for any distress caused by violent, graphic or vulgar content displayed on the website.
Links to and From Other Websites
Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. The Chairman’s Bao has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Chairman’s Bao therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk. If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and it is subject to the following conditions:
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of The Chairman’s Bao logo;
- You do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website;
- You do not in any way imply that The Chairman’s Bao is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with The Chairman’s Bao nor present any other false information about The Chairman’s Bao;
- You do not otherwise use any of The Chairman’s Bao trademarks displayed on this Website without express written permission from The Chairman’s Bao;
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you;
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The Chairman’s Bao expressly reserves the right to revoke the license granted above for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate.
- You shall fully indemnify The Chairman’s Bao for any loss or damage suffered by The Chairman’s Bao as a result of breaching this agreement.
Service Access and Liability
The Chairman’s Bao reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: modify or discontinue the Website with or without notice; limit the Website’s availability to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose; charge fees in connection with the use of the Website; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with the Website; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Website. You agree that neither we nor any affiliated entity shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website, in whole or in part, or of any service, software, content, submission, feature or product offered through the Website. Your continued use of the Website after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes. You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current legal notice. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Website.
While The Chairman’s Bao attempts to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, The Chairman’s Bao shall not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of The Chairman’s Bao.
The Chairman’s Bao, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of the The Chairman’s Bao affiliated companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort [including without limitation negligence], contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
Institutional Subscription Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions of institutional subscriptions apply across all TCB platforms: Website, iOS and Android.
- The Chairman’s Bao will handle all administration institutional subscription.
- Service will begin and student accounts will be created as soon as your first payment is processed. You will be charged the amount specified in the invoice sent to you.
- Subscriptions will not automatically renew, although an email will be sent to you two weeks before the end of your subscription notifying you that your subscription plan is due to expire. If choosing to continue your subscription, you will be contacted within due course after notifying The Chairman’s Bao and will be invoiced again accordingly.
- Renewal rates are subject to change, but these will always be highlighted at the time of renewal. If the renewal payment is not met by the end of the subscription, all student’s accounts will be put on hold for a minimum period of 24 months, after which all data and accounts may be deleted.
- Should you decide not to renew, your user and user’s data will be held on The Chairman’s Bao for a minimum 24 months, after which period it may be deleted making all data irretrievable.
- All invoice fees are to be paid within 15 days of the date on the invoice. Should payment not have been received after this period, the order will be cancelled.
Individual Subscription Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions of individual subscriptions apply across all TCB platforms: Website, iOS and Android.
- Service will automatically begin as soon as payment is received. Upon subscription, users will have full access to the site.
- Individual user’s subscription plans will continue indefinitely until cancelled. it is the responsibility of the individual subscriber to monitor the account and manually cancel the subscription. the subscription end date is clearly displayed on the ‘my subscription’ page of the website.
- Users will be automatically billed at the end of each subscription time interval chosen by the user i.e. Every 1 months, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months.
- In the event that an individual cannot complete the signup process through the website or app, and subsequently purchases a subscription via a manual direct transfer to a TCB account, TCB will issue the user with a pdf which clearly shows the length of subscription and the end date. Any subscription purchased through this method will not automatically renew.
- Renewal rates are subject to change, but we will always notify you of this beforehand.
- Upon cancelling a subscription, user’s recurring billing will stop and users will lose full access to the website. User’s Word’s Library data will be retained and accessible, but non-sample articles will be blocked and inaccessible.
- If recurring billing fails for whatever reason, the user’s subscription plan will be cancelled and users will lose full access to the website premium content unlocked when they initially subscribed. User’s Words Library data will be retained and accessible, but non-sample articles will be blocked and inaccessible.
- Individual subscription plans are non-refundable.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
The Chairman’s Bao will issue the following subscription refunds under the associated circumstances;
Website Downtime/Bug: If you have been unable to use The Chairman’s Bao due to a disruption of service or website downtime, let us know and we will extend your account’s subscription end date equal to the time that you were unable to access your account;
Cancellation (In relation to institutional subscriptions only): If you choose to cancel a subscription midway through a pre-paid institutional subscription plan, The Chairman’s Bao will refund the institution 50% of the time remaining. Example: If your institutional subscription costs $100 for one year, and you decide to cancel after 6 months, you will receive a $25 refund (Note: prices used in this example do not relate to those listed in our subscription plans)
Refunds will not be offered for individual subscription plans.
Refunds will not be offered for institutional subscription plans equaling less than 3 months.
Refunds will not be available under the following circumstances;
- Liquidation of The Chairman’s Bao.
- Bankruptcy of The Chairman’s Bao.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Any dispute arising out of or connected with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales in respect of any dispute which arises out of or under this Agreement.
Entire Agreement: The Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and The Chairman’s Bao and govern your use of the Website, superseding any prior agreements between you and The Chairman’s Bao with respect to the Website.
Waiver and Severability of Terms: The failure of The Chairman’s Bao to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Conditions remain in full force and effect.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Force Majeure shall mean circumstances beyond the control of the Website and the user/users, where such circumstances are unforeseeable and their consequences uncontrollable. Should such circumstances occur over the course of this agreement, neither party shall be deemed liable to or in default of its obligations under the terms of this agreement, over the period of time by which their obligations are prevented by Force Majeure. Such time limits will be laid down and accordingly extended whilst taking into account the duration of Force Majeure and its consequences and effects.