Website and Applications Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the privacy [and cookies]policy for thechairmansbao.com and each of our web and mobile applications that we make available from time to time. The Site is operated, and the Applications are provided, by The Chairman’s Bao Ltd. trading as The Chairman’s Bao. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site or any Application, including if you register as a user of the Site or any Application, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site or any Application, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- In connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- Details of any transactions made by you through the Site or any Application;
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or any Application or its content;
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Application for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- Employment details if you send us a CV, resumé or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We may, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a “Tell a Friend” programme, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
Intended use of Personal Data
Most services on The Chairman’s Bao require you to provide us with Personal Data (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number). In these situations, if you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to your query.
We may collect and use Personal Data to provide you with products or services, to bill you for products and services you request, to market products and services which we think may be of interest to you, or to communicate with you for other purposes which are evident from the circumstances or about which we inform you when we collect Personal Data from you.
Cookies used by our partners or third party vendors are used to:
- Remember that you have visited the site before; this means the organisation using cookies can identify the number of unique visitors they receive. This allows them to make sure they have enough capacity for the number of users that they get;
- Customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of their Sites or Applications;
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use their Sites or Applications, including how long you spend using their services and where you have come to their Sites or Applications from. This allows them to improve their services and learn which parts of their Sites and which functions of their Applications are most popular with users;
- Gather information about the pages on their Sites that you visit or the functions of their Application you use, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”.
This information is only collected by reference to the IP address that you are using, but does include information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider.
This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements on their Sites or Applications which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site or Application, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site or Application (as the case may be).
In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs may be employed by our partners or other third parties in respect of your use of their Sites or Applications. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of their Sites or Applications or the body of their newsletters so that they can understand which parts of the Site are visited and which functions of the Application are used and whether particular content is of interest.
Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- Enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site or Application and which you request;
- Administer your account with us
- Verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online
- Audit the downloading of data from the Site or Application;
- Improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site or Application and customise them for users;
- Identify visitors to the Site or Application;
- Carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including our newsletter and information about our products and services [or those of carefully selected third parties], provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- Allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services or those of third parties or to share your details with third parties so that they can send you information regarding their products and services. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, users of the Applications, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site or any Application, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site or any Application or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site and Applications contains public functions such as blogs and the ability to comment on our material. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We recommend that children receive permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the Site or any Application or sending personal information to us or anyone else online.
The Site and Applications may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site or any Application whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site or any Application is sent to and stored on secure servers located in Los Angeles. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing).
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.